Reports to: Service Desk Manager
The TotalCareIT Network Administrator is responsible for maintaining the design, integrity and documentation of TotalCareIT customer systems. This includes customer facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests. Administrators technically align our customers with TotalCareIT standards. Administrators complete technology summaries, schedule technical steering meetings in advance with customers and identify high impact areas for the dedicated vCIO. Integrated with the TotalCareIT Helpdesk, Administrators review service trends. They recommend programs and upgrades and advise the vCIO on which new technologies should be implemented on any given customer network. They also oversee all connections between a computer network and outside technology such as the internet.
- IT Support relating to issues with the systems and network infrastructure.
- Documentation, installation and management of various software applications used on a customer’s network. Working closely with vendor support to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Maintains a detailed inventory of all equipment used on the network and document the existence of proper licenses for all software leveraging TotalCareIT tools.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Hyper V, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint.
- Support services and support at the network level: Firewalls, switching connectivity, routers.
- Administer hosted data and voice cloud solutions for customers.
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery process, documentation and maintenance.
- Maintain and Implement Windows patch management strategy customization per customer
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with TotalCareIT standards and project requirements.
- Review TotalCareIT remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through ConnectWise service tickets.
- Administration and maintenance of RMM: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness with specific knowledge of a customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Maintain and document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in TotalCareIT PSA as they occur.
- Understand processes in the TotalCareIT PSA by completing assigned training materials and blueprints.
- Work through a daily schedule using the TotalCareIT PSA established through the dispatch process.
- Work through project tickets and phases in the TotalCareIT PSA as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets the TotalCareIT PSA daily.
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. for duties such as rack-mounting network equipment and servers.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCSA or MCSE, Fortinet NSE 4+, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP,
- Brocade BCNP, Mimecast Certified Technical Specialist.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- ITIL Certification in Foundations.
- 3 years of IT experience.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Performance based incentives.
- Generous bonus levels.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
TotalCareIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with TotalCareIT is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8
U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.